ROMEOVILLE, Ill. — The No. 15 Lewis University men’s volleyball team won their second straight game as the Flyers swept King University, 3-0, at Neil Carey Arena, Wednesday (Jan. 11).
No. 15 Lewis (2-2) | King (0-2)
Kills: Christian Prayer (St. Louis, Mo./Parkway North) (12)
Digs: John Davis (Naperville, Ill./Naperville Central) (8), Max Roquet (Johnston, Iowa/Johnston) (7)
Assists: Kevin Kauling (Naperville, Ill./Neuqua Valley) (17), Tyler Morgan (Dike, Iowa/New Hartford) (13)
Blocks: Simpson (2)
Aces: Prayer (4)
FIRST SET: Lewis 25, King 19
- Both teams each traded five points each before Lewis scored four in a row which was started by a kill from Prayer.
- King responded with back-to-back points to get back in the set then Michael Sack (Oak Lawn, Ill./St. Laurence) and Kauling recorded straight kills to make it 11-7.
- The closest the Tornado got was 17-15 Lewis midway through the first set then the Flyers scored four straight capped off by a kill by Sack.
- Lewis was able to win the opening set 25-19 to take a 1-0 lead.
SECOND SET: Lewis 25, King 16
- The Flyers jumped out to an early 3-0 lead after back-to-back service aces by Prayer.
- Moments later, Lewis led 12-7 in the second set before King looked to respond and score three straight to cut it down to two (12-10).
- Lewis looked to extend their lead after back-to-back kills by Roquet and Prayer.
- The Flyers took a 2-0 set lead after winning the second 25-16 which was capped off by a service ace by Davis.
THIRD SET: Lewis 25,…