TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama volleyball fell to 11th-ranked Arkansas in three sets Friday night in Foster Auditorium, losing by set scores of 15-25, 16-25 and 21-25.
After falling in the first set, Alabama (10-15, 0-14 SEC) made an early push in the second leading Arkansas (22-4, 12-2 SEC), 6-3, before the Razorbacks rallied to retake the lead at 8-7 and remain in front for the rest of the frame. In set three, the Crimson Tide knotted it up at 7-7 and drew within a point twice more, with a service ace from Francesca Bertucci making it 19-18 late in the set. Alabama scored twice to stave off match point but Arkansas eventually pushed through to win 25-21 and take the match.
“I thought we did some really nice things. We had four freshmen out there who were doing a really nice job. The future is bright and they really put it all out there against the No. 11 team in the country. Obviously the outcome wasn’t ideal, we want to win every game, but we also have to celebrate the small victories and I thought that we went out there and were brave. We have a physical team that’s going to fight until the end and I don’t think [Arkansas] took us for granted out there.”
- Kendyl Reaugh and Alyiah Wells continue their push towards 1,000 career kills, owning 962 and 950, respectively, after Friday’s match
- For the second straight match, Callie Kieffer earned a double-double, finishing with 20 assists and 11 digs for her eighth of the season and fifth in SEC play
- Lily Hopkins led the team with two service aces, a season high for the freshman
- Set 1: Arkansas 25, Alabama 15
- Set 2: Arkansas 25, Alabama 16
- Set 3: Arkansas 25, Alabama 21
Up Next: vs. #20 Florida
- Sunday, Nov. 12 – Tuscaloosa, Ala. – 4 p.m. CT