ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The Duke volleyball team secured its sixth consecutive win with a 3-1 victory (25-19, 28-26, 18-25, 25-23) against Michigan Saturday evening at the ACC/B1G Challenge.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Much like last night against Michigan State, the Blue Devils came out firing on all cylinders with a .343 hitting percentage in the first set. Duke tallied 14 kills and just two errors on 35 swings and was led by Johnson with six kills and no errors.
- The second set was a back-and-forth affair that featured 15 ties — just when Duke would pull ahead, Michigan always had an answer.
- The Wolverines held off four set points but ultimately couldn’t find the answer to Duke’s high-powered offense as Fleming knocked down her third kill of the evening.
- Leading two sets to none, Duke struggled offensively in the third set and hit a negative percentage to open the door for Michigan.
- Duke found a way to bounce back in the fourth set and captured the match, 3-1. As a team, the Blue Devils hit .235 percent in the final set and limited the Wolverines to a .119 clip.
- Duke improves to 6-2 overall with its sixth-straight win.
- Duke is now 4-2 in the ACC/B1G Challenge.
- The Blue Devils lead the all-time series…