DURHAM – The Duke volleyball team (7-2) welcomes Coastal Carolina and Santa Clara to Cameron Indoor Stadium this weekend.
The Blue Devils face the Chanticleers Friday at 6:30 p.m. before an 8 p.m. match against the Broncos Saturday. Both matches will be streamed on ACCNX.
LAST TIME OUT
- Duke swept NC Central, 3-0 (25-10, 25-21, 25-16) Wednesday evening at McDougald-McLendon Arena on the campus of NCCU. This was the team’s seventh consecutive win.
A CLOSER LOOK AT THE SERIES
- Duke and Coastal Carolina meet for the fifth time in program history as the Blue Devils are 4-0 in the all-time series.
- Duke and Santa Clara meet for just the third time in program history and the first since 2014. Santa Clara leads the all-time series, 2-0.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
- Coastal Carolina enters Friday’s contest 5-5 overall and most recently captured a 3-1 win over UNCW. Offensively, the Chanticleers are led by Jasmine Rivest with 109 kills and a .256 hitting percentage and Jalyn Stout with 91 kills and a .285 clip. Coastal utilizes two setters — Cagla Bengi and Stout — who own 280 and 100 dimes, respectively. Seven different Chanticleers have over 30 digs and are led by Sydney Lewis with 97. As a team, Coastal is hitting .217 percent.
- Santa Clara is 7-2 this fall and most recently defeated CSU Bakersfield 3-1 last weekend. Sophia Tulino leads the offensive unit with 130 kills and a .243 hitting percentage while Layla Truitt has 107 kills to her name. Setter Nive Tuileta has dished 344 times for 10.12 assists/set while libero Kat Georgiadis has collected 120 digs. At the net, Lia Okammor leads the team with 39.0 blocks. As a team, the Broncoz are hitting .217 percent and have 71.5 total blocks this fall.
PARKING INFORMATION | SATURDAY
Limited Access to Campus from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM – Guests attending the Duke Volleyball Match at 8:00 PM should be aware that between 6:00 PM and 7:30 PM access to Duke University West Campus will be available only via the intersection of NC 751/Cameron Blvd. and Science Drive due to Duke Football post-game traffic (GPS Address: 3000 Cameron Blvd.). After 7:30 PM, access to campus will be available via any intersection.
General Public Parking for Volleyball – will be extremely limited prior…