The Gators and Seminoles set for in-state rivalry match.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The third-ranked Florida volleyball team hits the road to face in-state rival Florida State on Tuesday in Tully Gym.
First serve is slated for 6 p.m. on the ACC Network with Sam Gore and Madison Fitzpatrick on call. The match can also be heard on the airways of ESPN Gainesville 98.1 FM/850 AM with Tom Collett and Nick Cheronis on the call.
Florida is coming off a 3-0 weekend at the Gators Invitational, defeating Sacramento State, Clemson and Winthrop. Florida State split its contests at the UCF Invitational last weekend – losing to Central Florida, while sweeping North Texas.
The Gators hold the 44-21 advantage over the Seminoles, including a 37-7 record under Mary Wise. In the last contest between the two squads, Florida took the 3-0 edge over FSU in Gainesville, Fla.
Last Time Out
- The No. 3 Florida volleyball team went 3-0 at last weekend at the Gators Invitational, picking up wins over Sacramento State, Clemson and Winthrop
- Offensively, the Gators were led by Kennedy Martin, who posted a team-high 41 kills across the three matches. AC Fitzpatrick followed closely with 37 kills of her own, while Anna Dixon and Sofia Victoria recorded 23 and 21 kills, respectively
- Alexis Stucky led the squad to a .305 clip over the three-day tournament, dishing out 105 assists
- At the net, Martin posted 21 blocks, averaging 1.91 blocks per set. Dixon and Gabrielle Essix each added 14 blocks of their own in the three victories
- In the backcourt, Elli McKissock registered 48 digs, including a season-high 23 against Sacramento State on Sept. 7. Alexis Stucky (22), Kennedy Martin (21) and Trinity Adams (20) all tallied at least 20 kills over the weekend
- Behind the service line, Adams and Stucky were lights out, registering eight and seven aces, respectively. Martin added four of her own, while McKissock tallied one
- As a team, the Gators are ranked in the Top-20 in the nation in the following:
- Hitting percentage (14th | .297)
- Blocks per set (20th | 2.79)
- Individually, four Gators are ranked in the Top-50 nationally:
Gators in the Polls
- After a 7-0 start to the season, including three wins over Top-10 teams, the Gators remained at No. 3 in the AVCA Top-25 Coaches Poll
- Five SEC teams are ranked in the Top 25: No. 3 Florida, No. 15 Tennessee, No. 16 Arkansas, No. 21 Kentucky and No. 24 Auburn….