BATON ROUGE, LA. – Week two of the season sees South Carolina beach volleyball back on the road, the Gamecocks (1-3) travel to Baton Rouge for LSU’s Tiger Beach Challenge. The two-day tournament features three duals on Saturday, March 4, capped by a showdown with the fifth-ranked Tigers, with two more duals on Sunday.
SCOUTING THE WEEKEND FIELD
- South Carolina leads the all-time series, 10-1 ( Since 2014). In the last meeting, the Gamecocks won, 3-2 (April 2, 2022).
- The Gamecocks have won five games in a row over the Blazers.
- UAB finished the 2022 season with a 17-18 overall record. In week one, the team went 2-2 with wins over Central Arkansas and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
- This will be the first meeting between the two programs.
- The Lions compete in the ASUN Conference.
- UNA finished the 2022 season with a 16-14 overall record, a program record for most wins in a single season. In week one, the team went 1-3 with a win over Nicholls.
- LSU leads the all-time series, 13-2 (Since 2014). In the last meeting, LSU won 5-0 (April 29, 2022).
- South Carolina has made four trips to Baton Rouge in the all-time series, most recently in 2021.
- LSU finished the 2022 season ranked 5th nationally, qualifying for the NCAA tournament and finishing with a 32-12 overall record. In week one, the team went 4-0 with wins over Tulane, North Alabama, Nicholls and New Orleans.
- South Carolina is 1-0 in the all-time series; the two teams met for the first time last season with the Gamecocks winning 5-0 on March 4.
- The Bears compete in the ASUN Conference.
- Central Arkansas finished the 2022 season with a 17-16 overall record. In week one, the team went 0-4 at Houston Christian.
- This will be the first meeting between the two programs. The Lions are coached by former Gamecock student manager Collin Wilson.
- Southeastern is starting up year four and will lean on three seniors who finished 2022 with 20 wins as individuals.
- The Lions finished the 2022 season with a 12-21 overall record. In week one, the team went 3-2 with wins over Spring Hill, Chattanooga and William Carey.
SEMINOLE BEACH BASH NOTABLES
- Three Gamecocks made their debuts in week one – Allison Coens, Jolie Cranford and Simone Priebe – and all three recorded their first wins in the Garnet and Black. Cranford teamed with sophomore Lauren Wilcock for the team’s winningest pair of the weekend. The duo went 3-1 at the…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Beach Volleyball – University of South Carolina Athletics…