First serve is slated for 3 p.m. on ESPN.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The 20th-ranked Florida volleyball team (14-6, 6-5 SEC) hosts its second top-20 opponent of the week, welcoming No. 13 Kentucky (12-7, 10-1 SEC) to Exactech Arena on Sunday afternoon. First serve is slated for 3 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN.
Florida is coming off a loss to No. 11 Tennessee on Friday, while Kentucky downed South Carolina.
The Gators hold the 53-20 series advantage over the Wildcats, including a 51-13 record under Mary Wise.
- Orange Out, Wear Orange!
- Free Orange Shirt for the first 750 fans
- WBK First Serve & In-Game Recognition
Last Time Out
The 20th-ranked Florida volleyball team took No. 11 Tennessee in five-sets, but ultimately fell in a five-set thriller (25-23, 14-25, 25-20, 23-25, 13-15) on Friday night. The Gators move to 14-6, 6-5 SEC, while the Lady Vols improve to 19-3, 10-2 SEC
Freshman Kennedy Martin fired on all cylinders to a career-best 28 kills and lead the Gators on the offensive side.
Sofia Victoria followed with 14 of her own, and Nnedi Okammor pitched in a career-high 12 kills to register a .524 clip.
Kennedy Muff dished out a career-high 60 assists in the match, leading the team to a .264 clip. The fifth year also registered 10 digs and two kills.
Florida tallied a total seven blocks, with five Gators contributing to at least one block assist in the match.
Elli McKissock led the backcourt, coming up with a season-high 24 digs, and finishing with four assists.
Martin also led the way behind the service line, recording a match-high two aces.
- Kennedy Martin registered a career-high 28 kills
- Elli McKissock’s 24 digs sets a new season high and puts her only 42 away from surpassing Taylor Unroe’s 1,558, which is second overall in Florida history
- Kennedy Muff dished out 60 assists to set a new career high.
- Nnedi Okkamor’s 12 kills and 14.5 points registers new career highs for the senior
- Freshman Madi Gravlee recorded her first career-kill in the second set
- Martin registered her fifth double-double of the season after finishing with 28 kills and 10 digs.
- Muff registered her fourth double-double of the season, dishing out 60 assists and ending with 10 digs.
- Three Gators recorded double-digit kills: Kennedy Martin (28), Sofia Victoria (14), and Nnedi Okammor (12)
- Florida recorded three individual five- set season highs:
- Martin’s 28 kills…