OXFORD, Mississippi – The No. 19 Florida Volleyball team (13-4, 5-3 SEC) remains on the road for the third-straight week, traveling to Oxford, Mississippi to take on Ole Miss (8-13, 2-8 SEC) on Wednesday night inside the Gillom Athletic Performance Center.
First serve is slated for 7 p.m.ET on SEC+.
Florida is coming off a four-set win against Texas A&M last Friday, while Ole Miss fell in five to Mississippi State on Sunday.
The Gators hold a 58-3 series lead over the Rebels, and is 29-3 in Oxford.
LAST TIME OUT
- The No. T17 Florida Volleyball team defeated Texas A&M in four sets on Friday, Oct. 20 inside Reed Arena.
- After a hard-fought first set, UF fell 23-25, but bounced back after winning another tightly-contested second set 25-23. The Gators took a 2-1 match lead after securing a 25-21 win in the third frame, and carried the momentum in the fourth frame as the Gators secured its road match victory with a 25-12 win.
- Senior Sofia Victoria led the offensive attack on the night, posting a team-high 17 kills. Kennedy Martin and AC Fitzpatrick each recorded double-digit kills, tallying 15 and 14, respectively.
- Fifth year setter Kennedy Muff dished out 43 assists, to go along with 10 digs as well as recording one block and one kill, while Elli McKissock added seven assists of her own.
- As a squad, Florida registered a four-set season-high 17.0 blocks and kept the Aggies to a .117 clip. Kennedy Martin and Gabrielle Essix both led the way at the net with 8 blocks. Nnedi Okammor added six in the match, and AC Fitzpatrick added three of her own.
- McKissock (17) and Muff (10) led the backcourt defense for Florida, Trinity Adams recorded nine digs of her own, with Emily Canaan (8) and Martin (6) had a combined 14 digs.
- Florida recorded four aces from behind the service line, led by two from Fitzpatrick. Adams and Muff registered one a piece.
LAST TIME AGAINST OLE MISS (2022 SEASON)
- The 12th-ranked Florida volleyball team closed the 2022 regular season with a thrilling five-set victory over the Ole Miss Rebels on November 26.
- Florida was led on the offensive front by Marina Markova, who posted an 18-kill effort on the evening. Merritt Beason and Sofia Victoria each added 13 kills of their own, while Gabrielle Essix pitched in a 12-kill performance.
- Rookie setter Alexis Stucky dished out 53 helpers in the match, leading the team to a .322 clip.
- At the net, Florida registered 12.0…