Gators travel to Missouri for a Friday night matchup, then head to Arkansas on Sunday for a top-20 matchup.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The 20th-ranked Florida volleyball team continues its road series, heading to Columbia, Missouri on Friday to face the Mizzou Tigers, then heads south for a top-20 matchup against No. 10 Arkansas on Sunday.
Friday’s serve is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on SEC+, and Sunday’s at 4 p.m. ET on SEC Network with Missy Whittemore and Eric Frede on the call.
Friday’s matchup is the only match-up between the Gators and the Tigers for the season, as both teams are coming off wins. Florida 3-0 to Alabama on Sunday and Missouri a 3-1 upset over No. 24 Auburn. The Razorbacks have also won their last three contests, battling back against Ole Miss for a reverse sweep on Wednesday night.
The Gators hold the advantage in both series: 12-5 (12-5 under Wise) and 4-3 on the road against Missouri; 50-4 (50-4 under Wise) and 20-2 on the road against Arkansas.
Last time against Missouri (Nov. 4, 2022)
- GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The 12th-ranked Florida volleyball team downed the Missouri Tigers in straight sets on Friday night in Exactech Arena to remain atop the SEC standings.
- Florida started the match with a 25-22 win, then followed that with a come-from-behind 25-17 victory in the second frame. UF closed out the match with a tightly-contested 25-23 win in the third.
- The Gators’ offensive attack was led by a 16-kill performance from Marina Markova, while Merritt Beason followed with 13 kills of her own. Gabrielle Essix posted nine in the victory with a .667 clip, while Sofia Victoria (6) and Bre Kelley (5) combined for 11.
- Rookie setter Alexis Stucky led the team to a .314 clip on the night, dishing out 46 assists – a three-set high for the Laramie, Wy. native.
- Florida’s defense held Missouri to just a .144 hitting efficiency in the match, tallying 10.0 blocks in the three-setter. Essix posted a team-high five at the net, followed by three apiece from Beason and Kelley.
- Elli McKissock paced the backcourt for the Gators, coming up with 11 digs on the night. Trinity Adams pitched in a 10-dig effort, while Beason and Stucky each recorded five in the win.
Last time against Arkansas (Oct. 29, 2023)
- GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The No. 19 Florida Volleyball team fell to No. 10 Arkansas in three on Sunday afternoon inside the Exactech Arena.
- Arkansas took the first frame 25-19, then followed with a…