GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Exactech plays host to the season’s first Top-3 matchup on Sunday when the No. 3 Florida volleyball team welcomes the top-ranked Wisconsin Badgers.
First serve is slated for 3 p.m. on ESPN, with Courtney Lyle and Holly McPeak on the call. This is Florida’s first match on ESPN this season.
The match can also be heard on the airways of ESPN Gainesville 98.1 FM/850 AM with Tom Collett and Nick Cheronis on the call.
Both teams come in to the match unbeaten, with 8-0 records. Florida has only dropped seven sets during the 2023 campaign, while Wisconsin has only fallen in six sets this year.
The Gators are coming off a gutsy five-set win over Florida State on Tuesday night, while Wisconsin won its last contest in four sets over Marquette.
Florida holds the 6-1 advantage over Wisconsin, including 1-0 record in Gainesville, Fla. After setting the then-indoor attendance record a season ago in Madison, Wis., the Gators look to sell out the O’Dome on Sunday afternoon.
Fans can still purchase tickets at FloridaGators.com.
Things to Know
- Arrive Early to the O’Dome!
- Save your tickets to your mobile wallet prior to the match. You can access your tickets now on the Florida Gators App or at FloridaGators.com/MyAccount.
- If you don’t have the Florida Gators App, download for free in the Apple App store or Android Google Play store
- Students: Enter through Gate 3 on Sunday afternoon
- There will be parking available in the following lots on Sunday:
- O’Connell Center Orange lot
- Law School
- Frat Row
- Garage 114
- Wear Blue!
- Blue shirts and shakers will be placed on each seat in the lower bowl
- Enter-to-Win tickets to the Jonas Brothers concert on Oct. 12 in Tampa
- Student Enter-to-Win:
- The first 250 students in line will receive a donut as they wait to cheer on the Gators!
Florida in Top-3 Matchups
- In matchups between two Top-3 teams, Florida is 3-3
- The Gators are 1-1 at home, but the last Top-3 match in Gainesville, Fla. was before all the Florida players were born
- UF hosted Long Beach State on Sept. 20, 1997, where the Gators were victorious in five sets
Florida vs. No. 1 Opponents
- The Gators hold a 3-17 record overall against No. 1 teams, but won the last home matchup on Aug. 25, 2017 against Texas
- All three of Florida’s wins have come in the regular season
- In a match that holds…