ROMEOVILLE, Ill. – Another sweep, another win for the Flyers. The Lewis University men’s volleyball team swept its ninth opponent of the season after taking down McKendree 3-0 in Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association play on Saturday evening (March 18). Lewis is currently on a five-match winning streak.
Lewis (13-9, 3-4 MIVA) | McKendree (6-10, 1-8 MIVA)
Kills: Christian Prayer (St. Louis, Mo./Parkway North) (13), Max Roquet (Johnston, Iowa/Johnston) (9) and Michael Sack (Oak Lawn, Ill./St. Laurence) (7)
Digs: Syver Drolsum (Vikersund, Norway/Toppvolley Norge) (5)
Assists: Morgan (33)
Aces: Antonio Elias Rodriguez (Naranjito, Puerto Rico/Colegio Sagrada Familia) (2)
FIRST SET: Lewis 25, McKendree 23
- The first set began with McKendree taking an early 4-1 lead.
- Moments later, Lewis scored five straight points to take their first lead of the set at 8-6. During that stretch, both Sack and Tyler Morgan (Dike, Iowa/New Hartford) had one kill each.
- As the first set continued, the Flyers had a 13-11 advantage half way through.
- The remainder of the set consisted of four lead changes and both teams were tied at 23 needing two scores in a row to win the opening set.
- With back-to-back kills from Roquet and Prayer, Lewis won the opening set.
SECOND SET: Lewis 25, McKendree 23
- The second set started with McKendree putting together five straight points to take a 6-3 early lead.
- With the help of an ace by Roquet and kills from both Elias Rodriguez and Prayer, the Flyers took the lead at 10-9.
- Both teams fought hard and were tied at 22 before Lewis scored three of the next four to end the second set.
- The Flyers ended the set with kills by Prayer and Roquet.
THIRD SET: Lewis 25, McKendree 23
- To begin the third set, McKendree had another early lead, this time around 7-4.
- Half way through the set, the Bearcats were able to post a 14-8 advantage after three straight kills and a ball handling error by the Flyers.
- Shortly after, Prayer of Lewis served an ace and had a kill, while Sack followed up with back-to-back kills to bring the score within one.
- After a service error the following possession, the Flyers would go on to score six straight points to take full advantage of the set. During that run, McKendree committed four separate errors, three attack errors and one ball handling error.
- Prayer was able to…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Lewis University Athletics…