ROMEOVILLE, Ill. – The Lewis University men’s volleyball team swept its eighth opponent of the season after beating Queens 3-0 on Wednesday evening (March 8). The Flyers are currently on a three-match winning streak.
Lewis (11-9) | Queens (7-10)
Kills: Christian Prayer (St. Louis, Mo./Parkway North) (15), Max Roquet (Johnston, Iowa/Johnston) (10), Michael Sack (Oak Lawn, Ill./St. Laurence) (6), Antonio Rodriguez-Elias (Naranjito, Puerto Rico/Colegio Sagrada Familia) (6)
Digs: Tyler Morgan (Dike, Iowa/New Hartford) (6), Jason Gibbs (Bellaire, Texas/Bellarie) (5), Roquet (5), Cole Brillhart (York, Pa./Northeastern) (3)
Assists: Morgan (37)
Blocks: Rodriguez-Elias (3)
Aces: Rodriguez-Elias (5), Prayer (2)
FIRST SET: Lewis 31, Queens 29
- The first set started off back and forth between both teams before Morgan recorded a kill to give Lewis a 7-5 lead.
- Queens responded scoring four of the next five points to take its first lead of the set at 9-8.
- As both teams continued to battle and trade points, they were tied midway through the set at 13-13.
- Trailing 20-19, the Flyers would score four of the next five to take a 23-21 lead.
- Lewis had a chance to close out the set but a couple errors allowed Queens to tie the set at 24-24.
- Neither team was able to score two consecutive points until Prayer recorded his sixth kill of the set, followed by a Rodriguez-Elias ace, to award the home team with a first set victory.
SECOND SET: Lewis 25, Queens 21
- The second set started with a Prayer kill that helped lead…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Lewis University Athletics…