TEMPE – No. 18 Sun Devil Volleyball will play their final home matches this weekend when they welcome No. 6 Oregon on Friday and Oregon State on Sunday at Desert Financial Arena.
Friday’s top-20 matchup against Oregon will begin at 6 p.m. MST. Fans are encouraged to wear maroon for a Maroon Monsoon against the Ducks.
Senior Day will take place on Sunday against Oregon State at 12 p.m. MST. The six being honored are Meadow Cooper, Marta Levinska, Maddie McLaughlin, Roberta Rabelo, Jaden Ravnsborg and Shannon Shields.
How to Follow
For fans not in attendance, they can view Friday’s match on the ASU Live Stream and Sunday’s on the Pac-12 Network. Live scoring will be available for both matches. For more updates, follow along on Twitter (@SunDevilVB) and on Instagram (@sundevilvolleyball).
Sun Devil Outlook
No. 18 Arizona State (24-4, 12-4 Pac-12)
- The Sun Devils improved to 24-4 after collecting wins against Colorado and Utah at home last weekend. ASU beat Colorado in four sets and went on to sweep Utah. The current win total of 24 is the most wins this century for the Sun Devils and is third-most all-time. ASU also remains undefeated at home with a record of 8-0.
- ASU is now at 12-4 on the season in conference play, the fourth-most conference wins all-time. The most ASU has ever had is 13 (1993, 1986, 1975). This is the 10th season with double-digit conference wins.
- The Sun Devils got their 17th sweep of the season against the Utes, the most in a single season in program history. The previous high was 15 in 2013.
- The Sun Devils moved to No. 18 in the latest AVCA Coaches Poll. They are ranked for the eighth week in a row. JJ Van Niel is just the second first-year head coach at ASU to have a ranked team, the other being Debbie Brown in 1983. Her team was ranked for 11 weeks and got as high as No. 13. In the RPI rankings, the Sun Devils moved up to No. 17. They are the fourth-highest Pac-12 team, behind Stanford, Oregon and Washington State.
- Senior opposite Marta Levinska was a force this past…