Arizona travels to Southern California to compete in the Pac-12 South Invitational to take on Washington, Oregon, and California. Matches against Washington and California will be televised live on Pac-12 Network. The Wildcats have an all-time winning record over all three opponents this upcoming weekend: 9-1 vs Washington, 3-1 vs Oregon, 7-4 vs California.
Pac-12 South Invitational Preview
* The 2023 season marks the 10th for Arizona head coach Steve Walker at the helm of the Wildcats program. He’s the only head coach the program has had since it was started in 2014.
* In the AVCA Preseason Top 20 poll, Arizona checked in at No. 18. After a 4-0 start on opening weekend the SandCats bump up one spot in the rankings to No. 17.
* The 2023 Arizona roster features 10 players listed as a senior, with two of those being transfers – Grace Cook (Missouri State) and Caroline White (TCU).
* The two new transfers had a successful first weekend as a Arizona Wildcat with Grace Cook winning all eight of her sets and Caroline White winning eight out of her nine sets played in the CACTUS Classic.
* Super senior Sarah Blacker opted to use her extra year of eligibility and return to the Wildcats in 2023. In doing so, she has a chance to become the winningest player in Arizona Beach Volleyball history. After opening weekend she now checks in at 77 career wins, just 9 behind the trio of Madison Witt, McKenna Witt and Brooke Burling that have 86.
* Sarah Blacker and Alex Parkhurst start the season off as the top pair for Arizona. The two went a perfect 3-0, 6-0 in sets, against UTEP, Oregon, and Boise State.
* Abby Russell is back for UA after going 16-15 in the No. 4 spot last year. Hope Shannon and her 18-11 mark at the No. 5 spot are back in the lineup for Arizona in 2023. The two now paired together at the No. 2 spot on opening weekend went 3-1 in matches and a total of 7-4 in sets.
*Alana Rennie and Grace Cook took on the No. 3 spot in the CACTUS Classic. They start off strong as a pair going 4-0, 8-0 in sets.
*Kylee Fitzsimmons and Caroline White in the No. 4 spot go 4-0, 8-1 in sets.
*Annie Kost and Miranda Erro in the No. 5 spot do the same, winning 4-0, 8-1 in sets.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Arizona Athletics…