PISCATAWAY, N.J. – A Rutgers volleyball program record 6,757 were in attendance at Jersey Mike’s Arena to watch the Scarlet Knights battle No. 1 Nebraska on Sunday afternoon.
The top-ranked Cornhuskers remained undefeated with 25-15, 25-20 and 25-18 set victories.
Nebraska upped their overall mark to 23-0 and 14-0 in the Big Ten while Rutgers dropped to 10-14 overall and 2-12 in league play.
- The 6,757 people in attendance topped the previous Rutgers volleyball attendance record of 1,907 set against Nebraska back on Oct. 10, 2021
- Redshirt sophomore Alissa Kinkela led Rutgers with eight kills and 15 digs.
- Freshman Zora Hardison hit .455 with six kills on 11 swings.
- Fifth-year senior Alyssa Nayar was just short of a double-double with 23 assists and eight digs.
- Senior Madyson Chitty also added 11 digs for the Scarlet Knights surpassing the 1,200 career dig mark.
- Set 1 (15-25) | Third time was the charm for an Anna Hartman swing as her point saw Rutgers trail the top-ranked Cornhuskers 14-10. Nebraska, however, continued to grow its lead only allowing the Scarlet Knights back-to-back points once more time down the stretch. Taylor Humphrey collected three digs while Madyson Chitty garnered six digs on defense.
- Set 2 (20-25) | Rutgers led for much of the frame going up by four early at 9-5 and holding on to an 18-15 lead before the Cornhuskers made their move. After playing out to its early four-point advantage, Nebraska tied…