ROMEOVILLE, Ill. — The (RV) Lewis University men’s volleyball team swept Quincy, 3-0, in straight sets, at Neil Carey Arena, Wednesday (Feb. 15).
Lewis 8-6, 2-1 MIVA | Quincy 4-6, 0-3 MIVA
Kills: Christian Prayer (St. Louis, Mo./Parkway North) (10)
Digs: Max Roquet (Johnston, Iowa/Johnston) (5), Prayer (5)
Assists: Kevin Kauling (Naperville, Ill./Neuqua Valley) (25)
Blocks: Michael Sack (Oak Lawn, Ill./St. Laurence) (3)
Aces: Prayer (4)
FIRST SET: Lewis 25, Quincy 16
- Lewis started out the first set with a 6-3 lead after Roquet recorded a service ace.
- Quincy tried to fight back but the Flyers would continue to build on their lead after Cole Brillhart (York, Pa./Northeastern) recorded a service ace to make it 11-7.
- Brillhart made it 15-12 moments later before the Hawks rallied for three straight points to tie the set at 15-all.
- Lewis was able to bounce back and respond for seven in a row which was started by a kill by Brillhart.
- The Flyers were able to take the opening set 25-16 and took a 1-0 lead.
SECOND SET: Lewis 25, Quincy 19
- Both teams traded six points each to start the second set.
- Lewis got two straight after kills from Piotr Wymoczyl (Arlington Heights, IL/Buffalo Grove HS) and Prayer to grab a 8-6 lead.
- Quincy rallied and tied the second set at 12-all.
- The Flyers responded and went up 20-16 after Syver Drolsum (Vikersund, Norway/Toppvolley Norge) recorded a kill looking to grab a 2-0 lead.
- Wymoczyl ended the second set with a service ace to give the Flyers a 25-19…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Lewis University Athletics…