TUCSON, Ariz. – Arizona Beach Volleyball will be celebrating their senior day at home this Friday at Bear Down Beach. They will take on in-state rival, Arizona State, starting at 2:00 p.m. PT with live stats available at ArizonaStats.com. The Senior Day festivities will take place after the completition of the match.
The Wildcats are 19-9 on the year and look to finish their regular season strong as they head into the Pac-12 Championship next week in Stanford, Calif. The brackets for next week’s tournament will be announced over the weekend.
News and Notes
* The 2023 season marks the 10th for Arizona head coach Steve Walker at the helm of the Wildcats program. He’s the only head coach the program has had since it was started in 2014. Walker’s overall record as head coach at Arizona is 178-79.
* Last weekend, Arizona secured a win over #14 ranked Georgia State in the Hawai’i Invitational.
* This weekend will be the last matchup in the regular season for the Wildcats. The Wildcats are 16-5 all-time against Arizona State including a dominant streak, winning eight matchups from 2017-2021.
* Arizona’s last victory over Arizona State came last season on March 27th in a 3-2 battle.
* A look at the record and winning percentage by lineup position this season for Arizona:
Court 1: 16-11 (.571)
Court 2: 17-11 (.607)
Court 3: 19-9 (.679)
Court 4: 22-6 (.786)
Court 5: 19-9 (.679)
Overall: 93-47 (.664)
* On Friday, Arizona will celebrate their 10 graduating seniors. Those seniors playing in their last match at Bear Down Beach are Sarah Blacker, Grace Cook, Summer McDonough, Jordyn Nichols, Alex Parkhurst, Alana Rennie, Hope Shannon, Kali Uhl, Caroline White, and Dilara Gedikoglu.
* Super senior Sarah Blacker opted to use her extra year of eligibility and return to the Wildcats in 2023. On April 1 against UTEP, Blacker picked up her 87th career win to set a new Arizona record for individual career victories. The previous record was 86 wins held by Madison Witt, McKenna Witt and Brooke Burling.
Arizona Individual Wins (Career)
90 – Sarah Blacker (2019-Present)
86 – Madison Witt (2014-17)
86 – McKenna Witt (2014-17)
86- Brooke Burling (2017-21)
81 – Natalie Anselmo (2017-21)
77 – Hailey Devlin (2015-18)
*This past month, Arizona’s #4 pair Kali Uhl and Dilara Gedikoglu achieved a National Pair of the Week honor…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Arizona Athletics…