BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama volleyball capped its weekend at the Blazer Classic with a Sunday sweep over tournament host UAB.
The sweep is Alabama’s (8-1) sixth of the season, defeating UAB (2-7) in straight sets 25-18, 25-19 and 25-16. Micah Gryniewicz led the team with 13 kills, with Kendyl Reaugh close behind with nine along with a team-leading 10 digs. Chaise Campbell hit .571 with nine kills and just one error on 14 swings, adding a team-leading four blocks at the net.
“I’m incredibly proud of our team. With every match we play, there are lessons that we are learning and the biggest thing for us is to play level through adversity and that was something we got better with this weekend. These ladies did a nice job of working through it all together. I’m looking forward to how they implement these lessons in our last week of preseason before we start conference play.”
- Alabama improves to 23-11 all-time vs. UAB, including a 10-5 in Birmingham
- The Crimson Tide has won the last five meetings between the teams, including the last five contests in Birmingham
- The sweep was Alabama’s sixth of the season
- The Tide hit .345 as a team, its fifth match this season hitting above .300
- Micah Gryniewicz led the team with 13 kills, her fourth straight match in double figures
- Set 1: Alabama 25, UAB 18
- Set 2: Alabama 25, UAB 19
- Set 3: Alabama 25, UAB 16
Up Next: Troy/Grambling State
- Thursday, Sept. 14 at Troy – Troy, Ala. – 6 p.m. CT
- Saturday, Sept. 16 vs. Grambling State – Tuscaloosa, Ala. – 5 p.m. CT