PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Rutgers volleyball had five in double-figure kills with its best hitting percentage in a Big Ten match this season and led on the stat sheet in blocks, but it was Michigan coming away with the win in four sets.
The Wolverines played out to a 2-0 lead behind 15-19 and 25-20 set wins while the Scarlet Knights took set three 25-20. Michigan closed out the match with a 25-18 fourth-set victory.
Michigan upped its mark to 7-18 overall and 5-11 in the Big Ten. Rutgers, meanwhile, fell to 10-16 overall and 2-14 in league play.
- Rutgers swung .333 in the match, its highest hitting percentage in Big Ten play this season and best hitting percentage since hitting .333 in the nonconference finale with Princeton back on Sept. 15.
- The Scarlet Knights had five in double-figure kills led by redshirt sophomore Alissa Kinkela with 13 and sophomore Taylor Humphrey with 11.
- Senior Kristina Grkovic and freshmen Anna Hartman and Zora Hardison all had 10 kills each. Hardison collected a career and match-best .833 with a career-high 10 kills on 12 attempts.
- Rutgers out-blocked Michigan 18-11 led my a match-high six stops from Grkovic. .
- Fifth-year senior Alyssa Nayar posted her 11th double-double of the year and 32nd of her career with 44 assists and match-high 15 digs. She moved into a tie for third in rally-era season double-doubles.
- Senior Madyson Chitty also logged double-figure digs with 13 and added seven helpers.
- Set 1…