COLUMBIA, Mo. – The University of Missouri Volleyball team (13-7, 5-4 SEC) is set to face #12 Tennessee (16-3, 7-2 SEC) on Wednesday in the Tigers’ Volleween match. First serve is set for 7 p.m., CT at the Hearnes Center.
The match will be televised on SEC Network with Sam Gore and Emily Ehman on the broadcast.
Missouri enters the week ranked 30th for RPI (Rating Percentage Index), after posting its third-straight SEC win at #23 Auburn on Oct. 20.
With three more wins, the Tigers can match their overall win total from 2020 (16-8, 15-7 SEC).
Help us pack Hearnes for Volleween, fans can purchase $2 tickets online.
- Fans will have the chance to celebrate Volleween with the Tigers at Wednesday’s contest.
- At the match, fans can participate in a variety of Halloween festivities, including pre-match trick-or-treating with Mizzou student-athletes and costume contest.
- Fans in attendance can receive Mizzou’s limited edition Volleween poster.
- The 2023 team will also host a post-match autograph session.
- Missouri leads the all-time series against Tennessee, 11-9.
- The Tigers faced the Lady Vols to open SEC play this season with then #14 Tennessee prevailing, 3-0, in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Sept. 20.
- In the Lady Vols’ last trip to Columbia, Missouri, the Tigers defeated Tennessee in a five-set thriller (Nov. 24, 2021). The Tigers are 7-1 all-time at home against Tennessee.
- In the all-time series, Missouri claimed six-straight victories over Tennessee, from Oct. 11, 2013, to Nov. 26, 2016.
ILIFF NAMED SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- Jordan Iliff earned SEC Offensive Player of the Week on Monday (Oct. 23). The junior tallied 13 kills (.357) and eight digs with two blocks and two aces to help Mizzou secure a 3-0 road sweep over then-ranked #23 Auburn (Oct. 20).
- The St. Louis, native, has now finished in double-digits attacking in six-straight matches. Iliff has also totaled 10 or more kills in 15 matches this season.
- The rightside hitter has also posted eight or more digs in each of the last five matches.
- In Missouri’s win over Ole Miss, the junior did it all for Mizzou, tallying 11 kills, nine digs, four blocks and an ace on Oct. 15.
- Iliff opened October with consecutive 16-kill matches (Texas A&M and Kentucky) and…