|Ole Miss Notes (PDF) • SEC Notes (PDF)|
• Ole Miss volleyball rounds out non-conference play in Nacogdoches, Texas, September 15 and 16 against Tulsa, Sam Houston and SFA.
• The Rebels are coming off a perfect 3-0 weekend at the Ole Miss Invitational. They have now swept four straight opponents and are on a five-match winning streak.
• Ole Miss tied its single match program record, hitting a blistering .488 against Alcorn State.
• The Rebels have held three of their last five opponents to a .100 hitting percentage or lower.
• The middle blocker duo of Payton Brgoch and Sasha Ratliff both rank inside the top 30 nationally in hitting percentage.
• Setter Aly Borellis is dishing out assists at the ninth best rate in the country, averaging 11.30 assists per set this season.
• Senior Payton Brgoch cracked the top 10 in program history with 259 career blocks.
• Sasha Ratliff, a two-time All-SEC Team member, was one of 15 student-athletes named to the conference’s preseason team.
SCOUTING THE FIELD
Led by first-year head coach Lauren Ramatowski, the Tulsa Hurricanes are looking to continue their hot streak after winning the Tulsa Invitational tournament last week. They took down Oral Roberts, UT Arlington and Central Arkansas, dropping just one set over the course of the weekend. The Hurricanes are led offensively by 2022 AAC First-Team All-Conference outside Kayley Cassaday, who leads the team and is ranked second among all division one athletes, with 5.58 kills per set. In the backcourt, junior libero Marta Pecalli leads the charge with 4.15 digs per set, good for eighth in the American Athletic Conference.
The Sam Houston State Bearkats enter the weekend 6-4 on the season after taking second place at the McNeese Invitational last week. Sam Houston defeated Jackson State and McNeese but dropped a four-set match to SEMO. Three-time conference coach of the year Brenda Gray returns star players McKenzie Morvant, Avery Fowler, and Hannah Baker. As a team, the Bearkats will load up their strong defense that averages 14.9 digs per set and 1.7 blocks per set.
The host, Stephen F. Austin, rounds out the field for the weekend. The Jacks enter the…