The fourth Zonal Association Presidents’ seminar, organised by the FIVB, saw the Zones presenting their achievements and updates
The FIVB this week hosted the fourth Zonal Association Presidents’ seminar, providing the Zonal Associations with an opportunity to share their latest achievements and updates.
Following presentations by a number of Zonal Association Presidents during the previous seminar, the remaining leaders have now shared details on their ongoing activities, achievements and future plans:
· Central Asia Zonal Association (CAVA) President Mohamed Latheef
· Eastern Asia Zonal Association (EAVA) President Cai Yi
· Southeastern Asia Zonal Association (SEAVA) Vice-President Kiattipong Radchatagriengkai, on behalf of the SEAVA President
· CAVB Zone II President Bai Dodou Jallow
· CAVB Zone III President Ali Sourakatou Yaro
· CAVB Zone IV President Christian Matata Shwiti
· CAVB Zone VI Secretary General Ringisai Mapondera, on behalf of Zone VI President
· CAVB Zone VII President Kayseeven Teeroovengadum
· North European Volleyball Zonal Association (NEVZA) President Lennart Neovius
· Eastern European Volleyball Zonal Association (EEVZA) Secretary General Inara Brokane, on behalf of EEVZA President
· Small Countries Association (SCA) President Helgi Thorsteinsson
· Association of Central American Federations of Volleyball (AFECAVOL) President Felix Sabio Gonzalez
· North and Central Volleyball Zonal Association (NCVA) President Mark Eckert
· Caribbean Zonal Volleyball Association (CAZOVA) President Mushtaque Mohammed.
Additionally, the FIVB President updated the Zonal Associations on the FIVB’s achievements since the last meeting. These achievements include the highly successful Olympic Qualification Tournaments, which saw six teams per gender secured tickets to next year’s Olympic Games Paris 2024, the latest results of the Volleyball Empowerment and Development programmes, and the recent election of FIVB Board of Administration member Cecilia Tait as an IOC member.
The discussions also focused on the successful conclusion of the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships earlier this month.
Highlighting the tournament, FIVB President Dr Ary S. Graça F° said:
“Just earlier this month, we concluded a 10-day celebration of beach volleyball – the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships. For the first time in the event’s history, it was…