CHESTNUT HILL, MA – No. 11 Georgia Tech volleyball (18-3, 9-2 ACC) went the distance with Boston College (14-11, 3-8 ACC), defeating the Eagles in five sets (20-25, 25-19, 25-18, 18-25, 15-9) on Friday night inside Power Gym. Tamara Otene recorded her 1,000th career kill as the Jackets delivered their ninth road win of the season.
- This is Georgia Tech’s fourth win in a row over Boston College dating back to the 2019 season.
- Tech improves to 9-1 on the road this season, tied for the seventh most road victories in program history.
- Senior outside hitter Tamara Otene recorded her 1,000th career kill in the third set, becoming the 9th Jacket in the 1,000-kill club in the modern scoring era (since 2008) and the 5th in the Coach Collier era (since 2014).
- She set a new season high with 24 kills tonight, bringing her career total to 1,009.
- Otene also managed 10 digs, her team-leading 12th double-double of the year, bringing her season total to 257, the most by any hitter in the Power 5.
- Junior outside hitter Bianca Bertolino delivered her 8th double-double of the year, making 19 kills and 14 digs on .341 hitting.
- She has now hit 39 kills on .395 hitting in her last two matches.
- Senior libero Paola Pimentel secured a team-best 16 digs. She has made at least 10 digs in 20 of her 21 matches this year.
- Freshman setter Heloise Soares led the team with 35 assists with senior setter Bella D’Amico adding 21 of her own.
- Sophomore middle blocker Anna Boezi posted six blocks tonight (two solo, four assisted). She improves her average to 1.17 blocks/set over her eight career starts since taking over at middle blocker.
- Freshman opposite Larissa Mendes made 12 kills on .321 hitting, she has hit over .300 in four of her 10 ACC matches.
- Senior defensive specialist Liz Patterson made a pair of digs to go along with a pair of aces, as a serving sub. She has recorded digs in seven consecutive matches, the longest streak of her career.
- Patterson has now made at least one service ace in three straight matches. She has served five aces with just one error over that span.
- Tech has now played in four consecutive five set road matches, holding a 3-1 record in those matches.
- The White and Gold are 4-1 in fifth sets this season, the most five-set wins since 2018.
Set By Set
Set 1 (BC, 25-20): Boston College came out swinging on Alumnae day, taking advantage of a slow start defensively for GT and taking the opening set. The Eagles made a 4-0 run to go in front, 16-12, and managed to hold…