THE FLATS – No. 8 Georgia Tech volleyball (21-3, 12-2 ACC) looks to re-write the history books once more, on Friday, when the Jackets host No. 7 Pittsburgh (21-4, 12-2 ACC) inside O’Keefe Gymnasium. The match will start at 5 p.m. on ACC Network. This will be the second of back-to-back Friday evening Top 10 matches for Tech, after defeating then-No. 3 Louisville last Friday in the highest ranked home win in program history.
- Friday, Nov. 10 | No. 8 Georgia Tech vs. No. 7 Pitt | 5 p.m. | ACC Network Extra | Watch | Live Stats
Standard parking will be available in the McCamish, East O’Keefe and Family Housing lots.
- The Jackets are ranked No. 8 in the latest AVCA DI Coaches’ Poll, their highest ranking of the season.
- That’s now 66 straight weeks in the AVCA Top 25.
- Georgia Tech has beaten two Top 10 opponents in the same regular season for the first time in program history (No. 8 Penn State and No. 3 Louisville). A win against No. 7 Pitt would be the 7th Top 10 win in program history with 5 coming in the last three seasons (also at #2 Pitt, 2021 and vs. #10 BYU, 2022).
- Tech leads the ACC with 5 players honored in the weekly awards: Bianca Bertolino (Offensive POTW-10/23), Paola Pimentel (Defensive POTW-10/23 & 9/4), Larissa Mendes (Freshman of the Week-9/4 & 9/11), Tamara Otene (Offensive POTW-9/25) & Heloise Soares (Freshman of the Week-10/2 & 11/6).
- The Yellow Jackets boast one of the top defenses in the nation, leading the ACC with 15.48 digs/set, more than a full dig over 2nd place (BC – 14.23).
- Tech’s 15.41 digs/set is the second highest among Power 5 defenses, behind only Kansas (15.92).
- Pimentel has been leading the Tech back row with 4.38 digs/set this year, the 2nd in the ACC and the 7th most among Power 5 liberos. The Rio de Janeiro native is one dig shy of 400 for this season – something only accomplished by five Jackets in the modern scoring era.
- Otene has made 280 digs this season, the third most by a Power 5 hitter and the most among pins in the ACC.
- Bianca Bertolino has been a weapon from the service line. Her .62 aces/set is tied for the highest in Division I (Indiana’s Camryn Haworth). That average would set a new ACC record for aces/set in the modern scoring era.
- She is 8 aces away from tying the GT record for aces in a single season (modern scoring era), set back in 2019 by Julia Bergmann.
- Bertolino is the only player in Power 5 to have 250+ kills, 250+ digs and 50+ aces this season.
- Six Jackets come from…