ST. LOUIS, Mo. – The Lewis University men’s volleyball team picked up the sweep on the road against Maryville on Saturday evening (March 4).
Lewis (10-9) | Maryville (7-11)
Kills: John Davis (Naperville, Ill./Naperville Central) (12)
Digs: Nico Paula (Tampa, FL/Berkeley Preparatory School) (5)
Assists: Kevin Kauling (Naperville, Ill./Neuqua Valley) (27)
Blocks: Tyler Simpson (Bethel Park, Pa./Bethel Park) (4)
Aces: Davis (3)
FIRST SET: Lewis 25, Maryville 16
- Lewis led 6-3 early in the first set after a kill from Daniel Haber (Remsenburg, NY/Westhampton Beach).
- Maryville looked to respond as the Saints cut it down to 12-11 Lewis.
- The Flyers rallied off three straight points which were three straight kills from Syver Drolsum (Vikersund, Norway/Toppvolley Norge), Davis and Kauling which made it 15-11.
- The Saints responded with the next point before Lewis scored five in a row capped by a block from Simpson and Kauling.
- Lewis won the first set 25-16 after Haber recorded back-to-back kills.
SECOND SET: Lewis 25, Maryville 19
- Both teams traded nine points each to start the second set.
- Lewis recorded back-to-back points for a 11-9 lead.
- Moments later, the Flyers scored five straight points capped off by a block from Drolsum and Piotr Wymoczyl (Arlington Heights, IL/Buffalo Grove HS) which made it 17-11 Lewis.
- Maryville responded with four in a row to make it a two-point game.
- The Flyers won the second set after winning the final three points including a kill and…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Lewis University Athletics…