THE FLATS – No. 9 Georgia Tech volleyball (21-4, 12-3 ACC) will play in its final regular season weekend of the season, going on the road to face Miami (16-9, 9-6 ACC) on Friday, before returning home for Senior day against Syracuse (2-23, 0-15 ACC).
- Friday, Nov. 17 | No. 9 Georgia Tech at Miami | 7 p.m. | ACC Network Extra | Watch | Live Stats
- Sunday, Nov. 19 | No. 9 Georgia Tech vs Syracuse | 12 p.m. | ACC Network | Watch | Live Stats
Standard parking will be available in the East O’Keefe and Family Housing lots. Parking in McAmish lot will be limited due to a women’s basketball game.
- The Jackets are ranked No. 9 in the latest Poll.
- That’s now 67 straight weeks in the AVCA Top 25 and three straight in the Top 10, the longest streak of the season.
- Georgia Tech has beaten two Top 10 opponents in the same season for the first time in program history (No. 8 Penn State and No. 3 Louisville).
- The Yellow Jackets boast one of the top defenses in the nation, leading the ACC with 15.20 digs/set, more than a full dig over 2nd place (BC – 14.17).
- Tech’s 15.20 digs/set is the third highest among Power 5 defenses, behind only Kansas (15.66) and Arkansas (15.22).
- Tamara Otene has made 285 digs this season, the third most by a Power 5 hitter and the most among pins in the ACC.
- Paola Pimentel has been leading the Tech back row with 4.29 digs/set this year, 3rd in the ACC. She is averaging 3.64 digs/set over her career, on pace for the second-best average in program history.
- Tech & Arkansas are the only Power 5 teams with 3 players with over 250 digs: Pimentel (403), Otene (285) & Bianca Bertolino (259).
- Bertolino has been a weapon from the service line. Her .62 aces/set is the highest in Division I. That average would set a new ACC record for aces/set in the modern scoring era – no ACC player has had over .60 aces/set in a season since 2007.
- She is 6 aces away from tying the GT record for aces in a single season (modern scoring era), set back in 2019 by Julia Bergmann.
- Bertolino is the only player in Power 5 to have 250+ kills, 250+ digs and 50+ aces this season.
- Six Jackets come from outside the United States. International players accounting for 81.2% of the teams digs (1,161), 76.3% of the aces (119), 69.6% of the kills (894), 47.7% of the assists (562) and 42.2% of the blocks (76.0) up to this point in the season.
- The next road win will be the 11th of the season for Tech, the most in a season since 2004 (12).
- It would mark the first time…