CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia volleyball team (8-12, 1-9 ACC) are back in action at Memorial Gymnasium this weekend to host ACC opponent Wake Forest (16-5, 6-4 ACC) on Friday (Oct. 22) at 7 p.m.
All matches hosted at Memorial Gymnasium are free to the public.
- Both of Virginia’s matches will be streamed on ACC Network Extra (ACCNX) through the ESPN app, which is available through participating TV providers that carry ACC Network.
- Live stats will also be available for both matches and can be accessed through the volleyball schedule page on VirginiaSports.com
- Fans planning to attend Virginia volleyball matches this season are encouraged to park in the Culbreth, Central Grounds or Emmet/Ivy parking garages utilizing the ParkMobile app.
- For more information regarding hourly parking locations and payments, visit virginia.edu/parkmobile.
- This year marks the 45th season of Virginia Volleyball, which held its inaugural season in 1979.
- In 44 complete seasons, UVA is 670-761 (.468)
- The Cavaliers are set to host 14 home matches in 2023.
- Head coach Shannon Wells is in her third season at the helm.
LAST TIME OUT
- Virginia dropped both matches on the road last week against No. 7 Pitt (0-3) on Wednesday (Oct. 18) and NC State (0-3) on Sunday (Oct. 22).
- Despite edging the Panthers in blocks, who were second in the nation in blocks per set (3.16), the Cavaliers once again struggled to provide an offensive spark. Veresia Yon posed eight kills and an error on 12 swings (.583 hitting percentage) to go along with six blocks.
- The Hoos hit only .059 percent at NC State in its 0-3 loss to the Wolfpack, who have a 10-1 record at home. Chloe Wilson tallied eight kills and five blocks.