SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-14, 4-12 ACC) host Wake Forest (17-9, 8-7 ACC) in their final home match of the season in Purcell on Friday, Nov. 17. The Irish will also be honoring Nicole Drewnick and Charity McDowell in a senior night celebration on court directly after the match.
A WEEK IN REVIEW
- The Notre Dame Fighting Irish fell to Clemson at home in four sets (20-25, 25-13, 20-25, 17-25) on Friday, Nov. 10 and Virgnia on the road in five on Sunday, Nov. 12 (23-25, 25-19, 26-24, 23-25, 14-16).
- Sydney Palazzolo led the way with 29 kills on the weekend (3.22 kills per set) and was followed by Ava Lange with 23 kills. Lucy Trump finished with 16 kills and an impressive .364 hitting percentage.
- Charity McDowell finished the weekend with 13 blocks while Lauren Tarnoff recorded 10 blocks.
- The Irish are hoping for another great turnout for their final home match of the season as they set a season-high attendance against Miami (Oct. 27). Notre Dame had a crowd of 2,128, which sits at number 15 for the highest attendance in program history.
- Purcell was also packed the weekend prior on Friday, Oct. 13 against Virginia and Sunday, Oct. 15 against Pitt. Friday’s crowd of 2,070 and Sunday’s crowd of 2,016 were some of the highest attendance numbers the program has had in the last nine years and are the 17th and 18th highest attended matches in program history.
- Since the start of the #RockwellEra, attendance has been up 199% and is up 99% since last year.
- Currently, the Irish are 5th in the ACC and 50th in the country for average attendance this season.
HISTORY VS. WAKE FOREST
- This will be the 14th meeting between the Irish and the Demon Deacons with Notre Dame leading the overall series 8-5.
- This is the second meeting between the Irish and Demon Deacons this season as the Irish fell in three (24-26, 22-25, 18-25) on October 22 at Reynolds Gymnasium. Palazzolo led the Irish with 17 kills and a .306 hitting percentage.
- Notre Dame took down the Demon Deacons in a five set thriller inside of Purcell Pavilion last season (17-25, 25-23, 25-21, 14-25, 15-13).
- The Irish were led by Paris Thompson with 15 kills, followed by Avery Ross with 13. Lauren Tarnoff finished with 12 kills and seven blocks. Phyona Schrader also posted an impressive stat line with 41…