LEBANON, Ill. – The Lewis University men’s volleyball team came back from down two sets and recorded the reverse sweep on the road against McKendree on Friday evening (March 3).
Lewis (9-9, 3-4 MIVA) | McKendree (6-8, 1-6 MIVA)
Kills: Max Roquet (Johnston, Iowa/Johnston) (19), Christian Prayer (St. Louis, Mo./Parkway North) (17)
Digs: Nico Paula (Tampa, FL/Berkeley Preparatory School) (9)
Assists: Tyler Morgan (Dike, Iowa/New Hartford) (34), Kevin Kauling (Naperville, Ill./Neuqua Valley) (14)
Blocks: Roquet (3), Prayer (3), Rodriguez-Elias (3)
Aces: Prayer (2)
FIRST SET: McKendree 25, Lewis 23
- McKendree took an early 6-2 lead in the first set.
- Lewis fought back and tied it at 15-15 after Prayer recorded a kill.
- Both teams scored two points a piece to make it 17-17 before the Bearcats eventually pulled away and won the set 25-23.
SECOND SET: McKendree 25, Lewis 20
- The Bearcats took an early 3-1 lead before Prayer picked up a kill and back-to-back service aces to give Lewis a 4-3 advantage.
- McKendree went on to score seven straight points to grab a 10-4 lead.
- Isaac Benka (Minneapolis, Minn./Minnehaha Academy) tried to get the Flyers right back in the set after recording a kill but the Bearcats would have the upper hand.
- Lewis scored seven straight to cut it down to three (23-20) but McKendree scored back-to-back points to win the second set.
THIRD SET: Lewis 25, McKendree 22
- Both teams went back-and-forth to start the third set before the Flyers went up…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Lewis University Athletics…